Mom on a Mission
I believe that being a mom is the single most important job on earth. Raising the next generation to be strong, interdependent, caring people is a job without which society would collapse. I am a single mom, raised by a single mom. I have two wonderful kids, one here and one in heaven. I am looking to put my over 14 years of parenting experience as well as my years of working with many different age groups to work for me and you! I don’t have all of the answers, but I do have some. I tend to lean towards the Cliff & Claire method of parenting more than the Roseanne & Dan. I am hoping to learn from you as you learn from me!
My blog is not going to be the dissociative rantings of a PhD or anything even closely matching that description. I am a mom and while I am intelligent, as well as being an awesome mom, I am not an academic. My blog will share much of what I have learned personally, as well as what I have gleaned through my experiences. Occasionally, I will share what the experts have said, as I have seen it work in my life and the lives of those close to me. Once I get this going, I plan to have occasional guest bloggers as well.
So, Who am I?
- I am a mom. It’s my very highest calling.
- I am a Christian and while I don’t often get preachy, I have no doubt you will see that my faith affects my life and therefore my writing.
- I am a United States Air Force Veteran.
- I have lived in eight states as well as in Germany.
- I homeschooled my son for five years.
- I am a photographer.
- I have had 21 addresses in the past 25 years.
- I have had carried and borne a child with a rare genetic disorder.
- I have had that child die, not unexpectedly.
- My mother/best friend died very suddenly and unexpectedly.
- I have been through a divorce.
- I have fibromyalgia.
- I have been homeless.
- I am well acquainted with unemployment.
- I believe in a whole food diet.
- I believe diet affects attitudes, actions, pain, and almost every aspect of life.
- I have an awesome sense of humor and often use friendly sarcasm.
Why should you read my blog?
- I am funny.
- I am real.
- I love kids.
- I am a good writer.
- I am full of ideas, mostly good, some… well….
- I love to learn and share.
- I am an awesome mom.
- Even my son’s teenage friends like me.
- I have a tendency to say what I am thinking.
- I am a great cook and might even share recipes.
- I am a professional photographer (meaning I have been paid for weddings, ceremonies, and studio work). I might post pictures!
- I love everything about mom-ing, staying at home, homeschooling, writing, sharing, cooking, photography, and I am always wearing my heart on my sleeve.
- I like the idea of building a community of like-minded parents (dads are allowed here).